Note: Practice mode is not available on tablets.
With Practice Mode, you can practice at your own pace by playing along with automatically-scrolling tablature and a metronome.
You'll see the Practice Mode activity on the course detail screen under most lessons that include tablature:
- Practice Mode automatically moves the tab to match the tempo you have set.
- A red cursor follows along in time with the tablature's tempo and the Playback Speed setting.
- Once the practice mode has ended, click Play again to restart.
- Using the Playback Speed button on the Toolbar, you can slow the playback down, so it's at a more comfortable pace.
- These speeds are available: 100% (default), 75% and 50%
Built in Metronome:
- An audible metronome is enabled by default in Practice Mode.
- Adjust the volume or mute the metronome from the settings menu.
- It's best to first just get whatever you are practicing under your fingers without the metronome...get comfortable with finger placement, how your fret hand and thumb are positioned, your posture, etc. Then once you're comfortable, set the metronome to the lowest setting and practice at that speed until you aren't making any mistakes, then take it up a notch to the next metronome tempo and so on, until you get to 100%.
- When the Play button is pressed, a 2-measure count-in will happen before the playback begins, to give you time to get your hands back to your instrument and prepare to play.
- The Count-In can be turned on and off using the switch in the settings menu.
- Practice Modes for on-path Guitar, Bass and Ukulele Song lessons include multi instrument Backing Tracks to play along with. In addition to the existing metronome, you’ll hear accompanying instruments to play along with.
- Adjust the volume or mute each instrument from the settings menu.
- All Skill and Riff lessons found on My Path include a single-instrument track to play along with in the Practice Mode activity. This track is called a Practice Track so that users can focus on the instrument they are learning. When turned on, the Practice Track will play along with the scrolling tablature.
- Toggle the metronome and Practice Track on and off, adjust volume or even mute these sounds using the Settings menu in Practice Mode.