This private Fender YouTube Playlist includes additional videos teachers can use to help students:
- Tune their new instrument for the first time
- Replace a broken string for each instrument
Notes regarding tuning videos:
- These tuning videos include tips for properly tuning their instrument using a reference pitch, instead of an electronic tuning device, and includes notes on how frequently students should expect to need to tune.
- Once the instrument is properly tuned using this method, students should have an easier time using an electronic tuning device going forward.
- Note that new nylon strings (ukulele & acoustic guitar) will take longer to stretch and stay in tune than steel strings (electric & bass guitar). Please advise students to be patient.
Notes regarding broken string replacement videos:
- String replacement videos demonstrate how to replace a string without out any tools, although common tools (strings winders, wire cutters, and screwdrivers) are presented.
- The types of strings demonstrated are the ones students will encounter with their LAUSD-issued instruments:
- Ukulele (no-tie bridge)
- Acoustic Guitar (Nylon - tie-end strings)
- Electric Guitar (Stratocaster or Telecaster)
- Bass Guitar