The Fender Play curriculum structure is based on the following content flow: Path > Level > Course > Lesson
Each path is a complete curriculum that covers the basics, while focusing on a particular style of music. Paths provide ready-made lesson plans with everything laid out in a step-by-step way. We currently have paths in Rock, Blues, Folk, Country, Pop for guitar. For bass we have a Rock & a Funk path. We also offer a ukulele learning path.
Each path is separated into five levels that contain a series of courses that teach both skills and songs. The challenge increases as players progress through higher levels. Skills courses are interspersed with song courses and have been arranged to give students a way to immediately apply what they’ve learned to riffs and songs. The guitar paths include a Self Assessment course at the end of every level.
- Introduce players to the essentials of basic playing
- Offer opportunities to learn chords, develop confidence and dexterity
- Practice songs & riffs at a basic beginning level
- Focus on specific techniques and sounds that are signature to a style
- Practice songs & riffs that challenge them progressively depending on the level they are working in